Because the Vi3000 has four touchscreens, it's the only console in its class that can be used by two engineers at the same time. The Soundcraft Vi3000 offers extensive rear panel connectivity. In addition to a full complement of analog and digital inputs and outputs, the console provides MIDI, USB, Ethernet, DVI out, Dante/MADI record feed outputs, redundant power supply and other connections. The Vi3000 has two expansion bays that can be fitted with MADI Stagebox cards, to connect multiple Soundcraft Stagebox input expander modules. The Vi3000 can also accommodate the new Soundcraft Realtime Rack, a hardware/software unit designed in collaboration with plug-in manufacturer Universal Audio that provides access to 74 industry-standard UAD plug-ins. The Vi3000 is the first Soundcraft console to incorporate a Dante interface as standard, for seamless digital audio networking with Dante-enabled devices.
Along with its greatly expanded functionality, the Vi3000 retains all the features that have made the Soundcraft Vi Series the consoles of choice for live sound engineers worldwide, such as FaderGlow™ illuminated faders that display different colors according to function, the ability to store and recall snapshots and cues, compatibility with Soundcraft's ViSi app that allows remote control from an iPad, built-in Lexicon reverb/delays, dbx compression, effects and more.
The Vistonics interface is central to the Vi3000 design philosophy, providing direct access to all functions with maximum information and visibility at all times. 16 switches and rotary encoders are built into each Vistonics screen, so where you look is where you control. Functions are colour-coded and change according to the selected mode and one touch of the screen is all it takes.
FaderGlow™ is a unique and elegant solution to the inevitable confusion caused by assignable faders. Fader tracks are illuminated in colours that integrate with the Vistonics screens to provide at-a-glance information. Matrix outputs, sends on fader, VCA groups, graphics EQ - you'll always know exactly what function is being controlled by what fader at any given time. And with all fear on confusion removed, operators are free to take full advantage of Vi3000's user-configurable fader layers, mapping essential channels to a central position and customising outputs for convenient operation.
The Vi3000 is a console with friends in high places. Sound quality is assured by Soundcraft SpiderCore - a brand new 40-bit floating point DSP engine that mixes FPGA and DSP technology in a unique combination that maximises IO routing and DSP mixing capability in a footprint small enough for inclusion within a control surface. FX come courtesy of 4 independent stereo Lexicon multi effects units., each providing a choice of 14 reverbs, 7 delays and 8 pitch shifting effects, patchable to input channels, aux outputs and channel inserts. BSS third-octave Graphic EQ is available on every bus output, with fader bays illuminating in red to indicate GEQ mode.
Vi3000 gives you everything you need integrate into Dante audio networks and access DAWs for live multitrack recording and virtual soundchecking via MADI. MIDI, USB and Ethernet ports are also included, along with a DVI output and 4 channels of AES I/O. Uninterrupted performance is assured by dual redundant PSUs.
With up to 48 on-board mic inputs, Vi3000 is happy to work with existing analogue multicore systems. Also available is an optional remote stagebox housing 64 analogue mic/line inputs and 32 analogue line outputs, with 48V phantom power and a 100Hz HPF before the A-D converters. Mic amp gain can be controlled remotely from the console surface.
Two ports on the Vi3000's rear panel open up a world of possibilities for I/O expansion and networking. Simply choose from the most comprehensive range of expansion cards in the business.
Vi3000 is packed with powerful features to help you set up and control the show. Offline set, settings libraries and copy/paste functions get you where you need to be quickly, while sophisticated automation and rado mic status monitoring help you run the show.
Soundcraft VI3000 Features:
- Virtual Vi offline set up: Set up your shows offline and load them into the Vi3000 via USB
- VM2 radio mic status monitoring: Monitor the status of HiQnet-compatible AKG radio mics directly from the console surface with realtime visual displays of battery life, RF status, mic muting and internal clipping.
- Copy/Paste channel bus and FX settings: Dedicated Copy and Paste buttons on the surface allow the settings of any channel, bus or FX section to be copied and pasted, dramatically cutting down the set up time.
- Copy/Paste processing elements: Operators can drill down to copy and paste even single processing elements, and the last paste operation can always be quickly reversed with an UNDO function.
- Settings Library: Along with a useful library of EQ and Dynamics settings, operators can store their own settings in the console or to a USB memory stick, making initial set up and transition between shows even easier.
- Sophisticated Cue List Management: Allows changes to be applied to multiple cues and recall scope to be set per snapshot.
- Advanced events integration: Cues can trigger or be triggered by MIDI or GPIO events, including MIDI timecode. Harman's HiQnet Venue recall function is tightly integrated within the Cue List.
- Automated microphone mixing: Post fade inserts provide an extra access point for inserts on every channel for use with external auto mic mixing systems.
- Snapshot crossfades: Snapshot recalls can use crossfades to transition smoothly from one setting to the next.
- ViSi Remote iPad® app: Control major functions and optimise your mix from anywhere in the venue. Adjust monitor levels from the stage.
- All busses to stereo: All busses can be turned to stereo without tying up two busses, providing a massive 24 stereo mix capability – perfect for mixing large monitor applications.
- 4 Aux send points: With a total of 4 aux send points, monitor mix engineers have the flexibility to tailor mixes more closely to performers' requirements. Sends can be pre-EQ, precompressor, pre-fade or post-fade on a per channel/per bus basis.
- Aux VCA mode: VCA master faders can control the aux sends of their member channels on a per mix basis, with a FaderGlow illuminating in white to indicate the VCA's operation on the current mix. Monitor engineers can retain control of important global elements such as ambient mics while also having a monitor mix selected and adjusting groups of sources within the current mix using the Aux-VCAs. Blue illumination of FaderGlow indicates that the VCA is controlling the global channel level to all mixes.
- Auto-increase of ambient mic levels in monitor mixes between songs: Performers using in-ear monitors want to hear the audience betweensongs. No problem. Vi3000 has the facility to externally control the Gate orDucking processing from a bus in the console, so all you have to do is inserta ducker on an ambient mic with an external source of the LR bus or a sparebus, and the audience level increases automatically when the performers stopplaying.
Soundcraft VI3000 Specifications:
- Frequency Response:
- Stagebox Mic input to Line output +0/-1dB, 20Hz-20kHz
- AES/EBU In to AES/EBU Out +0/-0.2dB, 20Hz-20kHz
- T.H.D. & Noise (22Hz-22kHz):
- Stagebox Mic In (min gain) to Local Line Out: <0.003% @ 1kHz
- Stagebox Mic In (max gain) to Local Line Out: <0.020% @ 1kHz
- Local Line In to Line Out: <0.003% @ 1kHz
- Mic Input E.I.N.: <-126dBu (150? source)
- 22Hz-22kHz bandwidth, unweighted
- Residual Noise: -91dBu:
- Stagebox line output; no inputs routed, Mix fader @0dB
- CMRR, Stagebox Mic input : 80dB @ 1kHz
- Sampling Frequency: 48kHz
- Stagebox Mic Input to Local Line output: < 2ms @48kHz
- AES/EBU Input Sample Rate: 32–108kHz (with SRC enabled)
- DSP Resolution: 40-bit floating point:
- Internal Clock Accuracy: < +/- 50ppm
- Internal Clock Jitter: < +/- 5ns
- External Sync: BNC Wordclock
- Input & Output Levels:
- Mic Inputs: +28dBu max
- Line Inputs: +22dBu max
- Line Outputs: +22dBu max
- Nominal Operating Level: +4dBu (-18dBFS)
- Input & Output Impedances:
- Mic Inputs: 2k7?
- All other analogue Inputs: >10k?
- Line Outputs: <75?
- AES/EBU Outputs: 110?
- Oscillator: 20Hz to 20kHz/Pink/White Noise, variable level
- Stagebox HP Filter: 80Hz fixed, 12dB per octave
- Channel HP Filter: 20Hz-600Hz, 18dB per octave
- Channel LP Filter: 1kHz-20kHz, 18dB per octave
- EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) :
- HF: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q= 0.3-8.7 or shelving
- Hi-Mid: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7
- Lo-Mid: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7
- LF: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q= 0.3-8.7 or shelving
- Metering: Internal 20-segment LED bargraphs plus 9-segment gain reduction meters for all inputs and Outputs. Peak hold variable from 0-2s.
- Mains Voltage Operating Range: 90-264V, 47-63Hz, auto-ranging
- Mains Power Consumption 300W
- Temperature/Humidity Range:
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C – 45°C (32°F – 113°F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% – 90%, non-condensing Ta=40°C (104°F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -20°C – 60°C (-4°F – 140°F)